Stephen Colbert's appendix bursts; "Late Show" is canceled while he heals

 Stephen Colbert, the late-night host, stated on Monday that he is recuperating from surgery for an appendix rupture. This week, CBS canceled "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" while Colbert gets better.

"You must be asking yourself, 'Turkey overdose, Steve? a gravy boat overturn? In reality, I'm recuperating from an appendix rupture surgery," Colbert stated on social media. "I appreciate the care I received from my doctors as well as Evie and the kids for putting up with me. My pancreas will now handle all emails sent to my appendix."

An infection known as peritonitis, which is caused by a ruptured or burst appendix, spreads throughout the abdomen. The illness may pose a serious threat to life. The appendix must be removed right away, and the abdominal cavity must be cleaned.

Colbert had been scheduled to host Jennifer Garner, director Baz Luhrmann, and guitarist John Scofield on Tuesday; Jon Batiste and Patrick Stewart on Wednesday; and Barbra Streisand and Kelsey Grammer on Thursday. However, there was no new show scheduled for Monday night. 

Since 2015, Colbert has been the host of CBS's "The Late Show With Stephen Colbert". He hosted Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report" from 2005 until 2014.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post